NEW Grant Application Deadline: Spring 2020, June 1st
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have adjusted our grant programs to focus on immediate community needs. The 2020 CST grant program will change accordingly:
- Environmental (ENV) and Education in Science (EIS) grants have been temporarily put on hold. CST will continue to reevaluate and will update this page upon any changes to these programs.
- Community Grants will focus on supporting COVID-19 relief efforts. Applicants are asked to submit applications for grants up to $10,000 (USD), including a detailed budget. The requirement of "project based" grants will be relaxed as it is our goal to support programs that will ensure food security, shelter, and improving basic health care. The new Community Grant deadline is now June 1, 2020.
- Nonprofit organizations located in the following Massachusetts communities will be favored for (but not limited to): Beverly, Danvers, Salem, Gloucester, Hamilton, Ipswich, Manchester, Rockport, Peabody, Topsfield, Wenham, Essex and Lynn.
- Funding will be prioritized toward organizations/projects benefiting many people.
- Organizations that have already submitted an application in the Community category will have the opportunity to reapply under the new guidelines; otherwise, we will evaluate your existing application.
Grant Application Guidelines and Project Description Criteria
- Only non-profit organizations will be considered. Please include a copy of your IRS Form 501(c)3 as proof of non-profit status (required).
- Applications supporting groups or events that openly discriminate against others will not be reviewed or receive funding.
- Organizations that may go unfunded without the support of CST will be favored. In addition to a brief summary, please include a detailed grant proposal with your application.
- Please describe why the funding is needed, who will benefit, the names of key people involved along with contact information, and a proposed budget including itemization. Attach any additional material that you feel will be useful for the committee, including price quotes.
Please contact us with your questions or concerns.